Where companies have historically oriented operational performance expectations around internal and boardroom demands, new pressures from inside and outside the business are increasingly focused on externally verified performance via assurance, verification certification and attestation.
The Decade of Action, as designated by the United Nations, is driving increased expectations for operational performance and risk management to coincide with more rigorous expectations for sustainability.
Over the past 25 years, the need for management systems has grown significantly. In the early years of management system certification, companies aimed to implement basic and reliable frameworks that would deliver compliance and reliable performance. As management systems have become a standard business practice, the best performing companies are demanding that their management systems deliver critical performance that is integral to the overall business mission, driving material change in sustainability performance.
ERM CVS was born from the basic principle that a management system must be more than a book on a shelf or a certificate on a wall gained from uninspired and “checkbox” style audits. We bring the following to our certification (or attestation) engagements with clients:
- Skilled and experienced auditors with experience in the industry, and consistency from audit to audit
- A focus on material risks, reliable management of compliance and effective reductions on impact to the environment and people in the workplace that will improve our clients’ business
- Integration of contemporary challenges to ensure that the management system is maturing at pace with the demands on the business
- Thoughtful engagement with personnel from baseline operations up to the senior leadership team to identify cultural underpinnings of successes or opportunities
- Customized planning of audits to deliver onsite or headquarters audits focused on business-critical issues within the business’ framework for auditing and assurance
Our operational and risk management services include:
- ISO 14001 certification of environmental management systems
- ISO 45001 certification of occupational health and safety management systems
- ISO 50001 certification of energy management systems
- ISO 9001 quality management systems
- Safety and Environmental Management Systems (SEMS) certification of offshore activities in the Gulf of Mexico (and as applied voluntarily in other environments)
- Customized verification services of management systems, including custom attestation of mature or integrated operational risk management systems