Demonstrating responsible practices and performance management in the production of minerals has become a critical expectation for internal and external stakeholders globally. ERM CVS is leading globally in our delivery of third-party assurance of responsible stewardship.
More than ever before, the mining and metals industries are facing more external scrutiny to only deliver quality and cost-effective minerals to global markets and do so within an operational framework that meets high standards for sustainability.
New regulations, industry- and metal-specific performance standards, downstream buyers, communities, labor unions, NGOs and the financial community are contributing to pressure to perform. In some cases, the industry might face expectations to demonstrate performance against multiple sets of expectations driven by internal standards, regulations and external standards. Stakeholders are also moving away from self-declarations to rigorous external assurance.
ERM CVS offers third-party services to deliver credible assurance to this growing set of performance requirements. Our depth of knowledge in the mining and minerals sector, coupled with senior expertise among our auditors, delivers a professional opinion to meet the needs of external stakeholders and delivers material value to our clients’ business to drive continual improvement in this fast-paced and aspirational market.
Because of our depth in the mining and minerals standards market, we can provide bespoke services that consider a variety of performance assurance needs and deliver an efficient assurance process, combining, where allowed, assessment against multiple standards in a single effort to reduce audit burden and delivering a consolidated set of conclusions and opportunities for continued growth.
We currently offer the following services and are pursuing credentials in a growing market of third-party standards. Please contact us with questions on other standards not listed:
- Initiative for Responsible Mining Assurance (IRMA)
- International Council for Mining and Minerals (ICMM) Assurance
- Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI)
- Responsible Steel Stewardship (RSS)
- Responsible Minerals Initiative (RMI)
- World Gold Council (WGC)/Responsible Gold Mining Principles (RGMP)
- International Finance Committee (IFC) Performance Standards
- Mining Association of Canada’s (MAC's) Toward Sustainable Mining (TSM) Standard
- ISO 14001 certification of environmental management systems
- ISO 45001 certification of occupational health and safety management systems
- Reporting assurance in line with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) inventory and reporting